Three (3) Step Process for State Registration
- Efficiently complete training from an Alabama Approved Renovator Training Provider.
- Enroll and acquire accreditation as an individual using the Lead Renovator and Sampling Technician Application.
- Secure your firm certification/license with the Alabama Department of Public Health using the Application for Certification of Lead Renovation Contractors.
Chapter 420-3-29 – Renovation Contractor Certification
Most firms which complete any of the lead-based paint renovation activities described in Alabama’s lead rules must have certification from the Alabama Department of Public Health. The company must employ at least one individual who is accredited by and registered with the Safe State Environmental Program at the University of Alabama as a Renovator or Sampling Technician, in order to be certified as a respective firm.
Never fill out an application for firm certification to the Alabama Department of Public Health ahead of obtaining individual accreditation for “Lead Renovator” and/or Sampling Technician” from the Safe State Environmental Program at the University of Alabama. Safe State’s Application need to be given by the training provider.
Lead Renovator or Sampling Technician Application
An application for Certification of Lead Renovation Contractors should be presented to the Alabama Department of Public Health that allows you to attain State of Alabama approval to conduct lead-based paint Renovation activities (per Code of Alabama as authorized by Act No. 97-553, the Lead Reduction Act of 1997).
Application for Certification of Lead Renovation Contractors
- Enter your Safe State Renovator and/or Sampling Technician quantity and termination date. Signify your Discipline(s). Identify if this application is for an initial, renewal or alternative certificate.
- If this application is for a renewal certification (license), show your present Alabama Department of Health Certification number.
- Enter your firm’s Alabama Tax Identification Number or your Federal Employer Identification Number.
- On the application, enter the firm’s full name, street address, city, state, and zip code simply because it needs to be visible on the certificate. Make sure you fill in the mailing address if it is distinct from the street address.
- Identify the particular person to get in touch with, in case of flaws or omissions as the “Contact Person.” This will also be the person to receive the certificate and feedback through this office.
- Enter the firm’s telephone and facsimile numbers together with area code. Should you have a web site and/or electronic mail, make sure to indicate the address in the suitable blank.
- Write down all Renovators or Sampling Technicians that has Safe State certification and have been registered as an Alabama Renovator or Sampling Technician together with their Safe State accreditation termination date.
- Complete the last three lead-based paint renovation activities together with the name of the person who contracted with you, along with their telephone number.
- Verify specification that best describes your current kind business.
- Record the states that your company provides lead renovation licensing in.
- Signify if your company appears to have been prohibited from working in any state. If yes, present a disclosure announcement of any activity taken by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or an EPA-authorized program concerning violation, suspensions, revocations, or improvements of your firm’s certification or license.
- Read the following seven lines of the application cautiously. By agreeing to the application you are confirming that all of the above statements are true.
- Sign and date the application.
- Please incorporate the acceptable fee for each discipline mentioned.
- Make check payable to : The Lead Renovation Fund.
- Check that the application is complete and that all required information has been included.